I am always fascinated to see how various roles are named in online forums. I need to know these as I set up an active team of contributors on http://www.katetapley.co.nz, so it is handy to have this link here. I am pleased to see the term “moderator” is not used, though no doubt it has a place at times.
Summary of Roles
* Administrator – Somebody who has access to all the administration features
* Editor – Somebody who can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people’s posts, etc.
* Author – Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
* Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish posts
* Subscriber – Somebody who can read comments/comment/receive news letters, etc.