- Find the RSS feed eg http://www.democracynow.org/democracynow.rss
- Subscribe in Google Reader. http://www.google.com/reader/view/#overview-page
- Have a filter in Google Reader to get all the podcasts subscriptions into a Podcast folder, easy to review!
- Slide *episodes* over into the Firefox Download Box (I have it configured to be in the sidebar) if I think I’ll like them, or will have time to listen.
- From the Download Folder slide all those mp3s into iTunes as music. Give them the My Podcast Genre (or similar). Make a smart playlist, and have that ticked to go to the iPhone upon a sync.
- Walk! Listen. Rate. Once they are rated they leave the Podcast playlist (that how I set up the smart playlist). I use one star meaning delete. Soft reboot to clear the list.
That’s my Podcast System. Cumbersome? Tell me a better way.
I get exactly what I want. They stay in the Playlist till I’m done & then they go.
I can’t get that control with the built in Podcast folder, or the iTunes subscription system.