- Find the RSS feed eg http://www.democracynow.org/democracynow.rss
- Subscribe in Google Reader. http://www.google.com/reader/view/#overview-page
- Have a filter in Google Reader to get all the podcasts subscriptions into a Podcast folder, easy to review!
- Slide *episodes* over into the Firefox Download Box (I have it configured to be in the sidebar) if I think I’ll like them, or will have time to listen.
- From the Download Folder slide all those mp3s into iTunes as music. Give them the My Podcast Genre (or similar). Make a smart playlist, and have that ticked to go to the iPhone upon a sync.
- Walk! Listen. Rate. Once they are rated they leave the Podcast playlist (that how I set up the smart playlist). I use one star meaning delete. Soft reboot to clear the list.
That’s my Podcast System. Cumbersome? Tell me a better way.
I get exactly what I want. They stay in the Playlist till I’m done & then they go.
I can’t get that control with the built in Podcast folder, or the iTunes subscription system.
I am looking forward to the Apple Tablet. The main thing I’d want to be able to do is to use it instead of my Toshiba M200 for sketching. I did a Thousand Sketches 2006-7 on the Toshiba M200 which has a Wacom style pen only touch screen. Worked well for me. It is pressure sensitive, and highly responsive. So I hope the Tablet will have something like a pen or better.
A long iWishlist follows.
For some biographical info about this effort look here.
Is it just me or is this lovely in it’s simplicity and ease of execution on the I Doodle app?
Signed one follows
I think I can now post to this blog from the phone! Watch the increase in posts!
Here are a few recent ones in my Signature exploration.
Three more images follow.
WordPress 2 iPhone app came out and it is a bit better.
I can see myself blogging from the phone.
Pictures I need to add manually though, I think?
Items are from between 16 Sep 2008 & 24 Sep 2009.
[22 December 2022 – found some originals and added one and the a lot more at the end
Somehow this was created with the jingling of keys & coins while the phone was in my pocket.